clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Rowdies lose big to highlight week two of the NASL fall season

New York Cosmos

While the Cosmos did not play this past weekend, plenty of action was going on around the rest of the NASL as the second week of the Fall Season ran its course. Let's take a look.

Scorpions 3-0 Rowdies:

San Antonio pulled a comfortable 3-0 victory over Tampa Bay this weekend at home with Omar Cummings earning a brace as the Scorpions dealt out Tampa Bay's first loss in eight league games. Cummings has now overtaken the top of the league's scoring tally, with a grand total of seven. Unfortunately, San Antonio still felt a loss of their own as Julian James was taken off with what seems to be a fairly serious leg injury.

Indy Eleven 2-1 RailHawks

Indy, whom last week we tied (again), just avoided another 1-1 draw, this time against Carolina by putting in a game winner in the 57th minute in a game that saw an early injury for both sides, as well as Indy coming back from a one goal deficit. The visitors put the first goal away in the 42nd, and it would have stayed that way save two second-half Indy goals within three minutes of one another.

Silverbacks 1-0 Armada FC

Atlanta edged past the 0-0-2 Jacksonville Armada with a cracker of a shot near the top of the penalty box in the 61st minute from Michael Reed with his first goal of the season. The backup goalkeeper was playing for Atlanta, with their goalkeeper away playing for Haiti in the Gold Cup.

Minnesota United 1-1 Ottawa Fury

Ottawa's impressive no-goals-against streak ended this weekend at 648 minutes when Minnesota put away a goal in the 32nd minute, ending the streak that began after their 1-0 loss to the Cosmos way back in the spring season. Ottawa got one back, but not until substitute Minatel took a foot to the face, resulting in a penalty (and blood) which Ottawa converted.

Strikers 1-1 Edmonton

Edmonton was lucky to scrape a point from their matchup with Fort Lauderdale with a late goal making up for an early mistake. After the Eddies gave up a penalty in the 68th, they had to chase the hosts until the 86th, where they barely put in a late, post-to-keeper-to-net goal.