It should be a fun Saturday for sports fans, with some excellent games in Europe and the Winter Olympic games. We've got a bit of news from the NASL and MLS to share though, to get your weekend kicked off right. Here's what we have for you today:
There's nothing official on a new stadium yet, but an announcement would be very good news for a club in a soon to be crowded state.
The new NASL side managed to score against Sporting Kansas CIty just 20 seconds in, but wound up losing to the defending MLS champions 3-1.
The Goat Parade points out quite a few reasons why the silly rumor that Stan Kroenke was looking to put an Arsenal-themed club in Los Angeles probably wasn't ever a real thing. Anyone familiar with the British press probably came to that conclusion as soon as they saw where it was originally published.
Too much talent is never a bad thing, right? Someone should get that memo to Don Garber.
Sage Kotsenburg took home the gold in Men's Slopestyle. Well done.
Video of the day
If you haven't seen this amazing Luge crash and recovery yet, you should take a second to check it out
- Ottawa Fury add two MLS players
- Messing Around: Strikers sign Chin, Brazilian keeper rumored to be heading to Toronto
- FC Edmonton ownership looking to replace the awful turf at Clarke Stadium
- Mike Grella training with the Cosmos despite European interest
- Denissen hopes to make the Cosmos scary as preseason training get underway