The 2014 Sochi Olympics are now officially underway, and we're one day closer to the kickoff of the NASL season. Here's a look at a few interesting stories making headlines today from around the world of sports.
The Strikers added another midfielder, signing the 24-year old Chin to reinforce the squad. Chin has previously been with FC Edmonton and Minnesota United.
The MLS side have already added Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley this winter, and could be looking at a third major move before the season kicks off. I'm not sure how Toronto are planning to ignore the designated player rule, but MLS have a long and storied history of making up regulations as they go along, and there's little reason to think they won't continue to do so if they feel this move makes sense.
Coach Mike Petke isn't too concerned, and probably shouldn't be. Regardless, I'm sure a good portion of New York's soccer fan base really will enjoy the result.
The baseball legend passed away yesterday at the age of 91, and many New Yorkers will surely remember him for his time with the Mets.
Video of the day
For Friday, we've got Juan Agudelo's first goal in Europe
- FC Edmonton ownership looking to replace the awful turf at Clarke Stadium
- Mike Grella training with the Cosmos despite European interest
- Messing Around: Indy Eleven lose preseason opener, MLS and David Beckham move to Miami
- Denissen hopes to make the Cosmos scary as preseason training get underway
- Fans of the Cosmos and Red Bulls help NYCFC design their new crest