Hopefully you've already found your morning coffee, and you're ready for some news from the rest of the NASL as well as the rest of the world of sports. Here's what I've got for you today:
FC Edmonton signs academy player
Marko Aleksic signed a professional deal with the Canadian club after coming through the FC Edmonton academy
Whitecaps FC defeat Indy Eleven
The MLS side managed a 3-2 victory in their preseason opener, a game in which Cosmos' signing Andre Lewis started and played the first 45 minutes for Vancouver.
RSL General Manager talks about the talent in the NASL
I don't think anyone would disagree with the idea that MLS has far more talent than the NASL, but I found the idea that "only one or two" players in the entire league being of MLS quality to be utterly laughable. If this is what you're hearing from your scouts, you need to find better scouts.
Strikers welcome David Beckham's club to Florida
I have my doubts about how well a Miami-based MLS side will draw, but the club has already vastly increased the talk about the two NASL sides already playing in the state.
Get to know some US medal hopefuls at Sochi
The Winter Olympics kick off today, and will likely dominate the US sports landscape for most of the next two weeks.
Video of the day
How about the leading contender for OG of the year
- Denissen hopes to make the Cosmos scary as preseason training get underway
- Fans of the Cosmos and Red Bulls help NYCFC design their new crest
- Messing Around: Menjivar joins San Antonio, Rowdies announce preseason schedule
- Preseason training is underway for the New York Cosmos
- Danny Szetela's return to the Cosmos should provide the foundation for another title push