The Rowdies made three roster moves today, strengthening their squad ahead of the 2014 season. The first involved a pair of players that were with the club last season, center back Takuya Yamada and forward Devin Del Do.
Yamada is currently the longest tenured member of the club, having joined them in 2010. This will be his 5th season with the Rowdies, and the 25-year old has made 106 appearances for the club. He signed a one-year deal.
Del Do hasn't been with the club quite as long, having just joined in 2013. The 5'9" forward scored one goal in 15 appearances last season, and signed a one-year deal with a club option for the 2015 season.
Former MLS fullback Anthony Wallace also joined the Rowdies, signing a one-year deal. Wallace was born in Brooklyn before moving to Florida, and was a first round pick of FC Dallas in 2007. He's spent his entire professional career in MLS, beginning in Dallas before joining the Colorado Rapids. He has been capped once by the USMNT and should be a fine addition to the Rowdies' roster.
- Messing Around: Edmonton releases preseason schedule, Indy looking for more than eleven players
- Gio Savarese talks about the U.S. Open Cup
- Messing Around: Seattle draws with Portland, USWNT routs Russia
- Cosmos set to host the University of Virginia on April 5
- Messing Around: Strikers close to new stadium, LA Gunners probably won't happen